Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Castle in My Head


I started building up my castle when I was 6. Each year I add a room, give it new colors, and change the decor. My castle was small, similar to the one any child would draw. It was white with green bricks on the top. It used to have a beautiful garden in the back and a big fountain with crystal clear water running in it in front of the castle. It was a beautiful catoonish castle.


I used to run to my castle when things get tough, I used it as my study area and the place where I keep all my secrets. I had a library there where I keep all the books I read and all the things I learned. I go there and pick up the book I need then move to my thinking room.  My thinking room was all made out of mirrors with a big chair in the middle, I sit in it for days to solve whatever problem I'm facing and sometimes I just use it to be alone with myself. 

The place was beautiful up until I became 8 years old, for a reason I prefer to keep unknown, I changed. My castle changed and with it my whole life have changed. The castle no longer white, it's colored black and the bricks became red. The fountain has red colored liquid running in it and the garden in the back is dead. I didn't care for these changes because I spend most of my time inside now. 


The castle did not change much from inside it just become a little dark and added some rooms in it. I have my hiding room now, a little dark room where I run away from my demons. A dreaming room, where I go when I'm sleepless. All which seems just away of me trying to accommodate with the new reality I live in. My library got bigger and it getting bigger and bigger each year. Now, it's the biggest room in my castle. I keep my books in alphabetical order and subjectively divided. It's probably the most organized part of my brain. 

I still run back to my castle when things in my life become too complicated or simply if I want to study for a hard test. However, lately it's been hard. My castle seemed to be upside down and I can barely find my way inside it. I don't know if this a reflection of what's going inside my head but I know I need to fix it...

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the outside color needs to change again?

    NH..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your description , I loved your imagination for a better place in this Castel you need to rebuilt this castle , you need to keep hoping and looking for the positive in ur life and always appreciate what you have . Always look to the people Benith you not to the people above you, love yourself more and look to the people who love you no matter what look to ur family and friend , even if they disappoint you some times but they will always love you . You are a great person, am not saying that because u are my friend I am saying it because this is the troth . Always look to the positives when you got weak or scared always keep your faith in God . And always look forward to the future Bcz it might got alot of happiness in it ( never give up and never stop praying to God he will always be with you ) Your friend no matter what SARA T :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great writing by a such a great person. I know what i am gonna say to you is what you already know. you just need to be around lots of people who loves you for what you are. like your friend said up in her comment. dont let yourself alone. by your imagination 1st start to change the colors and re do it all from the start just the way you like, than give each and every person who is near to your heart a room in it & every time you need to say something to those people but you cant do it in their face dont let it built inside you. just go to your castle and to their room and say to them what ever you want. i am sure they will never mind what you say to them and you will feel better.


    by:(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the interaction
    NH, I'll trey my best to change it.
    Ms.S, thank you for your lovely words it means a lot to me
    Dr.Smile, your words and concerns are much appreciated :)
    thank you all plz keep reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice words demo
    I think it is norml season in life like weather
    It looks like cloudy weather outside ur castle covering the gurden so no more color
    While the hot summer making ur crystal water look like bloody
    That outside
    But inside ur castle all the four season fighting together
    When u go to the back near winter try to find source of heat to help to feel warm cuz it is cold while you move to front find fan
    To the right have bag to collect follower which are the good things u did and ur success and the smile u drew in many faces
    To left try to clean the place cuz the tree throw the dead parts there which is the mistake
    In the center of this castle as I imagin there is pretty lady writing a great word while she has mixed feeling try to fix everything step by step to make it heaven
    Wish u the best
    Always there for u

    ReplyDelete