Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Life as a Medical Student

As my collage years came to an end, an overwhelming feeling of fear mixed with joy and proud take over my soul. Though I know, that my journey just began I can't help but feel that I have finished enough to make me die happy tomorrow. I still remember that girl who walked through the girls collage and thought that she owns the sun in one hand and the moon in the other hand. I was a god devoid of emotion, a machine hunger for success, I was simply ....

I thought I'll cure cancer, I thought I own my destiny, I thought I'm the reason for it all to be and the true queen of medicine which I knew nothing of at that time ! I won't say I own medicine now but what I know about this profession surpass the books and science. I learned that medicine is an art, manners and attitude before you learn the science you should own the attitude, manners and be talented in this fine art...

I learned in my 6 years of struggle that life is about more than the books and mathematical equation. When I look back I can't believe that I wanted my life to go by certain rules and expected the rustles to match my calculations. I thought, life is all about being logical and reasonable but didn't expect life to be so illogical and unreasonable. I realized that I was trying to make sense of no sense. I was simply inexperienced and naive. I was still a child who needs to grow up ! And I did grow up during my 6 years.

6 years I have faced in it all what you can face in a life time. I faced failure, heartbreaks, sickness and betrayals. It was a memorable time from which I learned a lot ! Nowadays, just the idea that life still hides a lot for me, scares me, to think I still have to endure more of this shit makes my knees crumble in fear and my only consolation is that I'm proud of who I am today and if what's coming is going to change me to a better person then I don't mind the heartache, betrayal and sickness...

No comments:

Post a Comment