Saturday, July 17, 2010

Aren't We All Muslims ?!

I was clicking on the remote with a grate deal of boredom when I passed by a channel that caught my ears more than my eyes. It was a heated argument between to men in terrapins and the host was trying to get them cool down so they will speak in a clear voice but enraged enough to keep the argument exciting. What really bothered me is when I started to understand that this charade is supposed to be a debate :S ?!

To tell the truth, I liked the idea of the show. It was supposed to be new presentation to a subject need to be raised more and more but it was a sensitive matter that needed to be discussed with great care. This show I'm talking about was aired on respectful, it was a confrontation between two religious sects. I honestly thought that an idea like that would clear a lot of miss constipation between the two parties and help to look at similarities more than differences. However, the show was nothing like that.

Anyone with a normal IQ will notice from the first 10 minutes what the show was really about. It was a modern representation of gladiators fight. I felt as if I was sitting in the Colosseum back to the 1st century BCE. I was not really sure who was the barbaric here?!. Was it those two men or the people who are watching it ?! Yes I think anyone who will wast his/her time watching a so called debate is barbaric, cause the truth is you are enjoying the fight not intellectual the debate, if we can call it such a thing.

Also, what really bugs me is, I went back to watch the show hopping that they may have notice their mistake and little have I know :S. Apparently, every time they try to find even more barbaric people to discuses the same the topic making the same baseless arguments over and over. I know that all they care about is money and action sells. However, where is their morals?! there must be at lest one person who would say no, this is should not how religion should be discussed. What about those who watch it?! aren't they offended by the quality of shows this respectful channel thinks they would like?!

The show was first aired in Ramadan. Then, they aired it all year and I'm sure this year they will have something more absurd. So, I'm asking you all, pleas don't watch it and if you like it tell me why?

2 comments:

  1. Our problem is that most of us have lost their morals , these morals that suppose to define us as Arabs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for passing by i miss u a lot my dear friend

    ReplyDelete